Working Adult Scan
Many community colleges have been seeing record enrollments from the high school markets, but have been losing enrollments in the working adult markets. Not only is this new generation of working adults very demanding and pressed for time, the market has exploded with online offerings and proprietary institutions. More working adults are looking for convenience of schedules rather than simply attending a college that is close, forcing community colleges to examine if their program offerings meet market demands and fit into the very busy schedules of today’s working adults. If your college is facing these issues, a CLARUS Working Adult Scan can help.
Personal, individual telephone interviews will be conducted with working adults in your service area to determine the needs of adult learners, including:
- Their current plans for educational attainment
- Their likelihood of attending the College
- What alternative delivery methods they prefer
- What they look for in an institution of higher learning
- Which communication methods they prefer
- The attitudes of parents toward your college, in terms of encouraging their children to attend
A Working Adult Scan will pinpoint areas in which the College is excelling in meeting market needs, as well as areas in which the College should place renewed emphasis. Opportunities for additional enrollment of nontraditional students across the market area will be defined and benchmarks established against which future enrollment can be measured.
To begin reaching out to this busy and demanding market segment, contact us today!