Academic Information for Higher Education
Through our work with community colleges over the last decade, CLARUS Corporation has identified a common, pressing need for a fast, easy way to analyze class offerings and plan class schedules. Why? In today’s competitive educational marketplace, it’s critical that a college’s class schedule have flexibility for students, while also maximizing student-to-faculty ratios and making the best use of classrooms.
With ClassTracks, you have immediate access to vital enrollment information — both current and historical — so that you can make better decisions about what to offer, when to offer it, and when to cancel classes or add new sections. And by fine-tuning your class schedule in this way, you can give students what they want, maximize the use of classrooms and — ultimately — reap big cost savings.
As a college administrator responsible for scheduling a department, a division or an entire college, you would have useful information at your fingertips to make these decisions with just a click of the mouse with ClassTracks.
- Increase efficiencies in your schedule by examining multiple sections with low class utilization (seats filled to seats available) and combine sections.
- Have available a four-year historical review of the cancelled sections to allow you to determine if there are consistent patterns in cancellation.
- Review the scheduling patterns of classes by program over the past four years to determine if classes are being offered as intended and look for conflicts in times classes are offered in a program between departments and within departments.
- Automate your class scheduling process for next semester and eliminate the paper-and-pencil methods commonly used today to build a schedule (reduce the amount of time it takes to build the schedule by more than half!).
- Examine class cancellations by the day of the week, the time of the day, the course length, the course or the department.
ClassTracks is for you if you have increased enrollments, a decreased budget and the need for increased efficiencies. ClassTracks gives you two other distinct advantages. It’s affordable. And it’s simple to use, whether you’re technically sophisticated or a so-called “technophobe.”