At many community colleges, branding as a word is overused and branding as a strategic concept is not used at all. Branding is more than a logo, tagline, or school colors — it is the promise your school makes to the community. As such, it should convey the traits and characteristics your college aspires to be known for. At CLARUS Corporation, we believe branding should be based on the College’s mission and sound research in order to truly engage your audiences. The CLARUS team can take you from scattered campaigns to consistently branding your college.
During the Brand Development process, the CLARUS team will:
- Review your current brand and assess how it resonates with your target markets
- Identify common themes and attributes
- Conduct workshops with various campus stakeholders to define the strengths, myths, and realities that influence messaging at your college
- Conduct a regional analysis to uncover the market positions held by associated and competing organizations
- Create action steps that will define your “promise points,” engage your marketplace, and deliver on your college’s mission and vision
The end result of a CLARUS Brand Development is a branding plan unique to your college market segments, which includes a competitive advantage statement, a set of institutional marketing messages, a tagline, and recommendations for integrating the brand into the College’s overall marketing strategy. In addition, we can provide all creative services, including strategy and concept development, copywriting and editing, design, layout, graphics, illustration, scripts, storyboards, video, and photography. Or, if you prefer, we can work with your creative team to create and test these materials.
To see how we can help you build your brand, contact us today!